"I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy. I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles. When I am overwhelmed you alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go my enemies have set traps for me. I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me. Then I pray to you, O Lord. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life. Hear my cry for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me. Bring me out of prison so I can thank you, The godly will crowd around me, for you are good to me." Psalm 142
I seek you. On my knees; I seek you. Words won't come. Music is lost. The essence of a song writer has come and then has gone. And I don't know who I have become.
I seek you. Broken as life. Head is pounding and silence is a constant reminder of what I cannot do.
I seek you. Birds chirp and the rain pours. And sometimes I wonder if that was all that you were looking for.
I seek you.
"Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me. The Lord will work out his plans for my life--your faithful love, O Lord endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me." Psalm 138
You made me. You know me. You know what lights me up and what brings me down to a dark hard place. You know me better than I know myself. You know me. You made me.
"Oh Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me; you know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away from you. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me to understand." Psalm 139:1-6
I seek you. You made me. You know me. You bless me.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, you are close beside me. Your rod and staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23

and He promises that those who seek Him will find Him. Amazing.
ReplyDelete