"The Lord Himself is my strength and my defense. Isaiah 12:2b. " John and I talked the whole way home about the state of our country. Reading through Isaiah I thought differently about our conversation than I normally would have. I usually, ignorant as it may be, avoid these topics because historically they have made me so nervous and fearful. Now as we talked, I realized that we are just as helpless as so many of the cities the Lord talks about destroying. Yet, every couple of pages I read more about the one who is coming and the Lord's mercy on the people that serve him.
How I want to serve Him and stand out as one who did. "Be Holy and I am Holy..." The call to holiness not out of duty but out of gratitude drives me. Sometimes I don't think I take the time to think about my sin, but when I do I am even more grateful for what I've been spared from and sickened by my own disrespect.
The Lord is good in so many ways.
"The Lord, the Lord himself is my strength and my defense. He has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2b
No comments:
Post a Comment