Saturday, May 4, 2013

Satisfied

"Oh Lord (master, owner in hebrew), you are very great;" Psalm 104: 1

You are my master. You are beyond perfect. You are more wonderful than our words can express. You are Lord. That is your name. You are above all.

*Listen to *You are the Lord-Jeremy Camp

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Psalm 104:5

It can never be moved. I will not fear. All belongs to you, and since you set the earth on its foundations, nothing can shake it but you, whom I trust.

"At your rebuke, the waters fled, at the sound of your thunder they took flight; they went down into the valleys, to the place you assigned for them. You set a boundary they cannot cross; never again will they cover the earth. " Psalm 104:7-9

The waters rush to follow your command. But as strong as they are, they only do as you prompt them- you are mightier than the mighty ocean. More beautiful as well. Strong, yet beautiful. Strong, yet gentle.

"He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work." 104:13

The earth is satisfied by the fruit of your work. Satisfied. The whole earth. Greater than me alone- and you care for it. It is satisfied. So be still my soul. Find satisfaction in the Lord who waters the mountains from his upper chambers and who satisfies the earth by the fruit of his work.

"He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate..." Psalm 104: 14

He provides. The Lord provides for animals, and man. He also provides WORK for the man. He feeds them, but he also gives them the great feeling of cultivating it for themselves...

"...wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains the heart. The trees of the Lord are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted." 104:15-16

He provides for our basic needs AND our desires. What he has planted, he does not forget. He continually returns to and sustains them for each daily need.

"These all look to you to give them their food at the proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things. "104:27

I look to you, our family looks to you to give us "food" at the proper time. And when it is the proper time we will look to you and will gather it up. We wait on you- for you know the proper time for every good and perfect gift....for every need, for every want.

"I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to Him as I rejoice in the Lord." Psalm 104:33-34

Forgive me Lord, for when I have refused to sing and worship at your feet privately, even when I've felt your prompt. Teach me to worship daily.

* Listen to* Unrestrained-Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment