Just some thoughts from this week that I've been convicted by...
"We are living in a time of tremendous enterprises, a time when we are trying to work for God, and that is where the trap is. Profoundly speaking, we can never work for God. Jesus, as the Master Builder, takes us over so that He may direct and control us completely for His enterprises and His building plans; and no one has any right to demand where he will be put to work." - O. Chambers
This spoke to me as I consider my feelings of inadequacy at my potential future as a stay at home mom. I feel like I'm demanding where I will be put to work- where I think I would best serve God and how. This is a constant struggle as I flip through old pages of my journal...I guess I do a lot of demanding! Yikes. Lord help me submit to YOUR will and YOUR purpose for my life.
A few other notes I've made concerning the same thing that I feel the Lord is speaking to me about are below:
"It is more important to live purposefully than easily....and when things get hard, remember, you are walking in the steps of the one who already gave His life." -Pastor Mark Lafollette
The one I'm following already sacrificed the greatest thing he could- which still does not fully impact me the way that I believe it should. Continue to help me live in a way that honors the sacrifice that Jesus already made. Anything I may dub as a "sacrifice" could never compare to what He has already done for me. Also, to me this means that he understands fully the pain in any "sacrifice" that I have to make. He is completely able to understand and encourage me throughout whatever I am going through and this does, and should comfort me greatly.
Thank you Lord.
Finally:
"[We] do not exist to for ourselves. We exist to draw in and minister to others. We need to be others focused. That is our goal. That is our mission." -Pastor John Anderson (aka, my wise, shepherding husband!)
How often I have pointed the finger at younger believers seeking to comfort themselves and thought these very words. Even as they were uttered I hypocritically pictured people that I thought needed to hear these very words. Forgive me Lord. These words were for me as well. Teach me to how to serve and who to serve.
"Create in me a clean heart, Oh God and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10
No comments:
Post a Comment