I'm thirsty constantly. My
soul seems to be parched for you. Like a deer pants for streams of water so my
soul pants for God.
Psalm 42
As the deer [b]pants
for the water brooks,
So my soul [c]pants
for You, O God.
2
My soul thirsts
for God, for the living God;
3
My tears have
been my food day and night,
While they say
to me all day long, “Where is your God?”
4
These things I remember
and I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to
go along with the throng and [e]lead
them in procession to the house of God,
With the voice of joy
and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival.
5
And why have
you become disturbed within me?
6
O my God, my soul
is [k]in
despair within me;
Therefore I remember
You from the land of the Jordan
And the [l]peaks
of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
7
Deep calls to deep at the sound
of Your waterfalls;
All Your breakers and
Your waves have rolled over me.
8
The Lord will command
His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be
with me in the night,
A prayer to the
God of my life.
9
I will say to God my
rock, “Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I
go mourning [m]because
of the oppression of the enemy?”
10
As a shattering of my
bones, my adversaries revile me,
While they say to
me all day long, “Where is your God?”
11
Why are you [n]in
despair, O my soul?
And why have you become
disturbed within me?
Someone recently
encouraged me to spend time meditating on scripture since I rarely have time to
sit and read only. I have chosen this verse to commit to memory. I have been
also researching the word "pant" in hebrew: תַּעֲרֹ֥ג
No comments:
Post a Comment